10 May Facebook’s 7 “most dangerous accounts” banned
The social media giant announced recently it’s banning seven ‘dangerous’ accounts from the platform. Facebook is taking a step further: anyone who praises the banned accounts on Facebook or Instagram will also see their account disappear. Facebook also issued a statement quoted by numerous media outlets: “We’ve always banned individuals or organizations that promote or engage in violence and hate, regardless of ideology. The process for evaluating potential violators is extensive and it is what led us to our decision to remove these accounts today.” Here are the seven accounts:
- Infowars – a far-right conspiracy news website.
- Alex Jones, a far-right conspiracy theorist who runs Infowars.
- Louis Farrakhan, leader of the Nation of Islam, whose rhetoric has been called anti-Semitic and homophobic.
- Laura Loomer, a media personality who has been accused of peddling far-right conspiracy theories.
- Paul Nehlen, a former congressional candidate who described himself as a “pro-White Christian”
- Paul Joseph Watson, who also works for Infowars
- Milo Yiannopoulos, a British right wing media personality.