11 Jan Top trends shaping retail in 2019
That it is quite hard to keep up with the speed at which the world is changing is no secret to anyone. This is perhaps the reason why most people try to find out what the trends are, especially if you are establishing marketing strategies for your business. The more you can plan ahead, the better equipped you feel to manage those changes when they happen.
A new report from credit card company Alliance Data, “The Trends Shaping 2019,” emphasizes this aspect. From greater personalization to “social shopping,” retailers are finding technologically driven ways to meet shoppers’ needs. Here are the top 10 trends according to this report.
- Brands are making a great effort to connect all their assets and channels.
- Retailers are “embracing everybody.”
- Brick-and-mortar businesses are encouraging customers to use the product in-store.
- Brands are showing their “deep connection” to causes customers care about.
- Retailers are offering a “more precise level of personalization” by offering bespoke products and services.
- “Secondhand” has gone mainstream.
- There’s a “social shopping revolution.”
- Companies are offering digital solutions that overcome the limitations of online shopping.
- User experiences are being dictated by artificial intelligence and data-driven algorithms.
- Brands are finding ways to make users’ lives easier.